Almamúsica: Francis og Olivia Hime (Brasil)
Lørdag 11. mai 2013
- Billetter i døra
Olivia og Francis Hime
- Francis Hime: Suite carioca
- Francis Hime / Vinicius de Moraes: Tereza sabe sambar
- Vinicius de Moraes: Euridice
- Ary Barroso: Canta Maria
- Vinicius de Moraes: Pela luz dos olhos teus
- Francis Hime / Vinicius de Moraes: Saudade de amar
- Tom Jobim / Vinicius de Moraes: O grande amor
- Tom Jobim / Vinicius de Moraes: Felicidade
- Baden Powell / Vinicius de Moraes: Samba da benção
- Charles Chaplin: Smile
- Vinicius de Moraes: Serenata do adeus
- Dorival Caymmi: Quem vem pra beira do mar
- Dorival Caymmi: O mar
- Dorival Caymmi: Morena do mar
- Dorival Caymmi: João valentão
- Tom Jobim / Vinicius de Moraes: Se todos fossem iguais a você
- Tom Jobim / Vinicius de Moraes: Eu sei que vou te amar
- Tom Jobim / Vinicius de Moraes: Água de beber
- Baden Powell / Vinicius de Moraes: Berimbau
- Baden Powell / Vinicius de Moraes: Labareda
- Tom Jobim / Vinicius de Moraes: Insensatez
- Francis Hime / Vinicius de Moraes: Sem mais adeus
- Francis Hime / Vinicius de Moraes: Anoiteceu
- Tom Jobim / Vinicius de Moraes: Chega de saudade
- Toquinho / Chico Buarque: Samba pra Vinicius
- Tom Jobim / Vinicius de Moraes: Ela é carioca
- Tom Jobim / Vinicius de Moraes: Garota de Ipanema
- Tom Jobim / Vinicius de Moraes: Eu não existo sem você
In “Almamúsica” Olivia and Francis Hime, two champions of Brazilian popular music, embark on an emotional sensual journey across the musical landscape of their native country. They present their own creations as well as pieces from composers of different eras, such as Tom Jobim, Ary Barroso, Vinícius de Moraes, Baden Powell, Dorival Caymmi, Gilberto Gil, Milton Nascimento, Caetano Veloso, Lenine and many others.
Francis Hime: Composer, pianist, arranger and singer, born in Rio de Janeiro
From 1963 he completely dedicated his life to music and became one of the first generation of musicians who followed in the footsteps of Tom Jobim, Baden Powell and Carlos Lyra. Francis Hime first teamed up with writer and poet Vinicius de Moraes, then with other great lyric writers such as Ruy Guerra, Paulo Cesar Pinheiro, Chico Buarque, Geraldo Carneiro, Olivia Hime, Gilberto and many more.
In the arena of Brazilian popular music he has a vast discography made up almost completely of his own compositions. A plethora of his songs was recorded by Brazilian and international artists such as Tony Bennet, Bill Evans and Kenny Burrel. Francis Hime has also written music for many films. Some of his film music won awards, such “Donna Flor and her two husbands” by Bruno Barreto.
In the field of classical music he has composed several symphonies and a concerto for guitar and orchestra, recorded by Fabio Zanon and the OSESP, the most important Brazilian orchestra. This recording was nominated in 2010 for the Latin American Grammy award. Francis Hime is currently working on a concerto for harp and orchestra for the great Brazilian harpist Cristina Braga.
Olivia Hime: Singer, composer, artistic director and partner in the biggest independent music label firm in Brazil
Olivia Hime has been dedicated to music since her childhood. Despite sharing a long life with Francis Hime, it was only in the past two years that they first recorded an album together.
This album is a celebration of music and life. Although Francis himself is currently one of the most prominent composers of Brazilian music, they decided also to include music by other composers. According to Olivia, the songs chosen represent special and important moments in our lives. In addition to Francis' pieces they play and sing music by Tom Jobim, Charles Chaplin, Caetano Veloso, Michel Legrand and many others.
Olivia's individual creations also always have a special theme, whether it's in her role as producer, singer or lyricist. Her discography comprises 10 CDs and 3 DVDs and she is currently working on a book with her own poems and song lyrics.
Konserten arrangeres i samarbeid med Den brasilianske ambassaden i Oslo