The program gives financial support towards associations of educational institutions (the Nordplus network) who then divide these means between them to fund intensive courses, developmental projects and student-and staff mobility.
The Nordic and Baltic institutions of higher Music education have created an umbrella organisation called NordplusMusic that gathers and conveys information about the various genre – defined Nordplus-networks. NMH is a part of the following Nordplus networks:
- NordClassic: A network for activities within classical music. In addition to distributing means towards teacher exchanges and short student exchanges, the network also organises and finances several courses. NMH participates in one of these, namely Nord+Mix, which is a course that focuses on composition and music technology.
- NordPuls: The network for jazz, pop and other rhythmic genres.
- Nordtrad: The network for folk music which arranges an annual week-long course.
- Nordopera: A network for the development of Opera education in the Nordics and Baltics.
- Nordic Network for Music Education (NNME): The network for the studies of Education in Music (pedagogical studies) that amongst other things arranges course weeks for Master students.