Application and Auditions - Master of Music in Applied Music Theory
Online Application Deadline
SøknadsWeb opens 1 November
18-22 February 2019 (Week 8)
How to apply
- Apply through Søknadsweb
- Upload colour scans of academic records/transcripts documents as well as all required supporting documentation to Søknadsweb.
- Once you have registered your application in SøknadsWeb, a receipt will be sent to your e-mail address. In this receipt, you will find your application identification number and a link to your supplemental form. Use the supplemental form to inform about previous and ongoing education, your audition program, et cetera. Applicants without supplemental forms will be declined.
NB: Be aware that e-mails send from Søknadsweb can end up in the spamfilter. We ask you to be extra aware if you are using hotmail.
Deadline 15 December 23:59 (UTC+1)
Upload supporting documents
Upload the following supporting documents to SøknadsWeb by 15 December:
- Academic records/transcripts (scanned in full colour)
- Project proposal: 800-1200 words delineating the work you aim to do during the two years of graduate studies. The proposal might include intentions for documentation of the Master's Project (eg. written thesis with supporting audio or video recordings), and the relevance of this work for your future career plans. The proposal must be written in Norwegian or English
- Proof of English proficiency
- Portrait photo of you
Audio/video files can be uploaded to SøknadsWeb or you can submit links to file-sharing/-streaming websites (Dropbox, YouTube, Vimeo etc.) in the Supplemental Form.
Requirements and audition
In February applicants will be required to complete a written home assignment, within the field of their proposed project. This can be an essay, a transcription, an analysis, a harmony/counterpoint assignment or a similar assignment. The submission deadline (normally within one week) will be given with the assignment text and outline.
Interview (Week 8)
Applicants will be called upon for in-person interviews at the Academy in Week 8. The applicant’s proposed project is discussed on basis of the submitted project proposal and the submitted home assignment. The interview will be conducted in Norwegian or English.