Application and Auditions - Master of Music Performance Technology and Electroacoustic Composition
Online Application Deadline
Søknadsweb opens 1 November
Week 8 (17 - 21 February 2020)
How to apply
- Apply through Søknadsweb.
- Upload all required supporting documentation to Søknadsweb. See details below.
- Fill in the Supplemental Form. Once you have registered your application in Søknadsweb, a receipt will be sent to your e-mail address. In this receipt, you will find your application identification number and a link to your supplemental form. Use the supplemental form to inform about previous and ongoing education, your audition program, et cetera. Applicants without supplemental forms will be declined.
NB: Be aware that e-mails sent from Søknadsweb can end up as spam. We ask you to be extra aware if you are using Hotmail.
Deadline 15 December 23:59 (UTC+1)
Upload supporting documents
Upload the following supporting documents to Søknadsweb by 15 December:
- Academic records/transcripts (colour scans, translated into English or Norwegian by an officially authorized translator). No need to upload records from NMH acquired after 2005.
- Project Proposal: 2-5 pages (800-2000 words) detailing the proposed principal area of study and your plan for the programme. Project proposals are the basis of assessment in determining which candidates are considered for admission and invited to audition. A successful proposal demonstrates the applicant's clear intention for performance development with music technology (in eg. live performance, production, composition etc.) as an essential part of artistic advancement
- Relevant sound/video-files should be enclosed in a digital practical format. You can also add links to file-sharing or streaming services (YouTube/Vimeo/Dropbox etc.) in the Supplemental Form
- Proof of English proficiency (within February 1st)
- Picture of yourself
Based on the applications and project proposal, an admissions jury will invite selected applicants to audition at the Academy.
Home Assignment and Audition
The jury will decide if you qualify for the next round based on your application and supporting documents. You will be assessed on the basis of your combined skills of performance, reflections about the study, and oral and written presentations.
Selected applicants will be invited to an interview and audition. The audition will be based on the applicant's project proposal, and a home assignment will be sent to the applicant approximately two weeks before the scheduled audition.