Application and Auditions - One-Year Graduate Performance Diploma - Classical
Online Application Deadline
SøknadsWeb opens 1 November
Week 8 (17 - 21 February 2020)
How to apply
- Apply through Søknadsweb
- Upload all required supporting documents to Søknadsweb. See details under each concentration below.
- Fill in and submit the Supplemental Form. Once you have registered your application in Søknadsweb, a receipt will be sent to your e-mail address. In this receipt, you will find your application identification number and a link to your supplemental form. Use the supplemental form to inform about previous and ongoing education, your audition program, et cetera. Applicants without supplemental forms will be declined.
NB: Be aware that e-mails send from Søknadsweb can end up in the spamfilter. We ask you to be extra aware if you are using hotmail.
Deadline 15 December 23:59 (UTC+1)
Upload supporting documents
Upload the following supporting documents to SøknadsWeb by 15 December:
- Academic records/transcripts (scanned in full colour). No need to upload records from NMH aquired after 2005.
- A list of your principal instrument repertoire (of previously covered works), with total duration of minimum 360 minutes, of which at least 40 minutes is chamber music
- Performance bio/resumé (providing an overview of performance experience)
- Proof of English proficiency (within 1 February)
- Vocal studies/voice: sheet music for accompanist if you choose not to bring you own
- A picture of yourself
Study carefully the repertoire requirements for your instrument and list your audition repertoire in full in the supplemental form. Include the required works and your chosen pieces. The repertoire is binding and cannot be changed.
Pianists should not include concerts in their audition programme.
Audition (Week 8)
Applicants invited to audition must:
- perform approximately 25 minutes of their audition programme. The jury selects which pieces the candidate performs at the audition.
- discuss personal motivation and intentions for the programme in interview with the audition jury
Students of orchestral instruments admitted to the programme can apply for internships at the Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra and the Norwegian Chamber Orchestra. There is a separate audition for the internship and students accepted receive a scholarship.