Application and Auditions - Bachelor of Music with Individual Concentration
11-15 March 2019 (Week 11)
How to apply
- Apply through Søknadsweb
- Upload colour scans of academic records/transcripts documents as well as all required supporting documentation to Søknadsweb.
- Once you have registered your application in SøknadsWeb, a receipt will be sent to your e-mail address. In this receipt, you will find your application identification number and a link to your supplemental form. Use the supplemental form to inform about previous and ongoing education, your audition program, et cetera. Applicants without supplemental forms will be declined.
NB: Be aware that e-mails send from Søknadsweb can end up in the spamfilter. We ask you to be extra aware if you are using hotmail.
Deadline 15 December 23.59
Upload supporting documents
Upload the following supporting documents to SøknadsWeb by 15 December:
- Colour scans of academic records/transcripts. No need to upload records from NMH aquired after 2005.
- Proof of English proficiency
- Portrait picture
- A proposed plan including
- Personal goals and wishes, and an explanation of why these cannot be realised within any of the Academy's other undergraduate programmes
- Musical bio/resumé (detailing competencies and training)
- Self-assessment and prospect for successful completion of the programme
Descriptions, plans, resumé, and assessments must be specific and detailed. You may include recordings (e.g. audio, video, text, original compositions, arrangements) with your documentation. All material must be uploaded in SøknadsWeb, or you can submit links in the supplemental form to material in Vimeo, SoundCloud etc.
There are three rounds of auditions.
1st round - prior to Week 11:
Your application and supporting documentation will be assessed by an admission jury. Based on the jury's assessment you may be invited to the 2nd round. If the jury finds that your stated goals and aspirations may be obtained through any other undergraduate programme at the Academy, your application will be dismissed.
2nd round - Tuesday morning Week 11:
3rd round - Tuesday afternoon Week 11:
If you qualify in the 2nd round, you will be invited to a 3rd round of interviews and practical tests.
At the discretion of an audition jury, you will be required to complete a series of practical tests suited to your proposed concentration, personal competencies, and study profile. The jury may also test your general musical knowledge, relevant skills, and theoretical understanding.
On the basis of the submitted material the jury may inquire about your proposed plan and any relevant practical, theoretical, and aesthetic aspects. You must demonstrate competencies and knowledge of relevant areas of study.