English language requirements
Secondary education from European countries with English as first foreign language is often accepted as proof of English proficiency. Check your own country in the GSU list.
You can meet the English language requirements by completing one of the following tests:
- English (140 hours) from Norwegian upper secondary school: written and oral exam.
- TOEFL with a minimum of 500 points from TOEFL PBT (paper based test) or 60 points from TOEFL IBT (Internet based test). DI code: B387
- IELTS, academic test with a minimum score of 5.0.
- PTE Academic, academic test with a minimum score of 51.
- Cambridge ESOL Examinations:
- First Certificate in English
- Certificate in Advanced English
- Certificate of Proficiency in English
You can also meet the English requirements if you have completed one of the following:
- a university degree in English language and literature.
- a minimum of one year of university studies taught in English in one of these countries: Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, Great Britain or USA.
- Completed a master's degree where the language of instruction was English
Last updated: 8. October 2019