Norwegian language requirements
For applicants to all Bachelor programmes except for Music education, Norwegian language proficiency of approximately B1 in European language levels (CEFR) is expected. The instruction will be in Norwegian.
Applicants must prove Norwegian proficiency in one of the following ways:
- An interview during audition week
- Documentation that the applicant has passed The Norwegian language test at the level B1 or higher
Applicants from Nordic countries do not need to demonstrate Norwegian language proficiency.
The 2nd module (3rd and 4th years) of the following programmes can be completed with instruction in English:
- Bachelor of Music Performance – Classical; Improvised Music/Jazz.
- Bachelor of Music in Conducting.
- Bachelor of Music with Individual Specialisation.
In this case, English language proficiency has to be documented.