International applicants living outside the Nordic countries can apply by video audition, but only to the following programmes:
Undergraduate studies where you can apply by video
- 2nd module of the Bachelor of Music Performance programme (direct admission to year 3)
- Classical Music
- Improvised Music/Jazz
- Traditional Nordic Folk Music
- Advanced Music Performance Study (1-year programme) – Bachelor's level (classical)
You cannot apply by video to study programmes that are not on this list. Applicants to the all other undergraduate programmes MUST attend the live auditions in Oslo in week 11.
Graduate studies where you can apply by video
- Artist Diploma - Master of Music Performance
- Master of Music Performance
- Principal Instrument/Chamber Music
- Improvised Music/Jazz
- Nordic Master: The Composing Musician
- One-Year Graduate Performance Diploma – Classical
- Master of Music Performance Technology and Electroacoustic Composition
You cannot apply by video to study programmes that are not on this list. Applicants to the all other graduate programmes MUST attend the live auditions in Oslo in week 8.
Video audition requirements
The video will be evaluated by the jury at the same time as the live audition. It will be taken into consideration that you have had more opportunity and less trying conditions in which to prepare such a video, in comparison with an applicant taking part in a live audition.
- Each movement/piece in the video recording must be unedited, but cuts in between complete movements/pieces are permissible. You do not have to play through the whole repertoire in one sitting.
- The video must contain the complete audition repertoire in accordance with the requirements of the relevant study program. The requirements are the same as for the live auditions.
- Upload the video in Søknadsweb or submit it as a Vimeo, Youtube or similar link in the Supplemental Form no later than 15 December 2019. The video links must be open and not encrypted or password protected.
- A licensed teacher or person in official position must certify that it is in fact the you that is seen and heard in the video. Please upload a signed and scanned certification letter in Søknadsweb.
Please note that it is not possible to apply by video audition to the internships with the Oslo Philharmonic or the Norwegian Chamber Orchestra.
Applicants that are accepted on the basis of a video audition must repeat their audition repertoire for a live jury at the start of term.