Housing & Student Residences
The Norwegian Academy of Music has no campus residences and student housing in Oslo is in short supply. Although it is possible to find accommodation on the private market, the cheapest and most secure way to find a suitable flat in Oslo as a student is to apply for student housing through the student welfare association, SiO. You should plan and apply for a SiO residence well in advance to your arrival.
Reserve and apply for SiO student housing
All our international students can apply to be put on a priority list for housing through SiO Housing. Students on the Academy’s list will have first priority when applying for housing through SiO.
You should therefore complete the following two steps to apply for student housing through SiO:
1. Register on the Academy’s SiO residence list
To be registered as a first priority applicant for student housing you need to complete this survey before 24 May 2020. The Academy will then forward the list of first priorities to SiO.
2. Apply for SiO residence online
Apply for SiO housing on SiO's website before 1 June: https://sio.no/en/housing
If you have missed the deadline, we recommend that you still apply as soon as possible.
Guidelines for applying:
- When you apply, even if the room you want is not available, choose the room anyway as it may be available when you arrive.
- Sogn and Kringsjå are the largest, have the most international students, and are more likely to have available rooms.
- You need to use your date of birth in the format of ddmmyy in the area labelled “Norwegian identity number”.
- Remember to write ALL your first names (prénom) and family/surnames (nom de famille) exactly as was used on your admissions application.
- You will receive an email with a 11 digits code when the application is accepted by SiO. Use this code to register as a user on My Page
Accept your offer
- Always accept your offer from SiO, even if you prefer a different room or student village. If all the choices are full, SiO will assign you to a room in a student village where there are available rooms.
- If you decline the housing offer, you will no longer be given priority in the housing queue.