CEMPE is a catalyst for knowledge development on learning and teaching in higher music education. Through projects, networks and innovative experiments, the centre explores teaching models, work methods and educational content for students who are to meet the music community of tomorrow.
Centre for Excellence in Music Performance Education
Status as a Centre for Excellence is awarded to higher education institutions that can demonstrate innovation and outstanding quality in their existing study programmes. The aim of the scheme is to gain new knowledge and experience that can also benefit other institutions, nationally and internationally.
The Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance in Education (NOKUT) has until 2018 operated the scheme, which was established by the Ministry of Education and Research in 2010. From January 2019 Diku has the responsibility for operating the scheme.
- Assistant Professor Jon Helge Sætre, Centre Director.
- Researcher Ingfrid Breie Nyhus, Deputy Director.
Student partners 2018–2020
- Guro Utne Salvesen
- Guoste Tamulynaite
The student partners can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PhDs and Postdoctors
- PhD: Veronica Ski-Berg, Institutionalizing Innovation.
- PhD: Torbjørn Eftestøl, Music...metamorphosis....becoming.
- Postdoctoral: Tanja Orning, På vei mot en ny utøverrolle i det 21. århundre.
Follow us on Facebook for news about projects, collaborations and activities: CEMPE´s Facebook page.
- Annual Report 2018 (PDF).
- Annual Report 2017 (PDF).
- Annual Report 2016 (PDF).
- Annual Report 2015 (PDF).
- Annual Report 2014 (PDF).
- Action Plan 2019-2023 (PDF).
- Final report and recommendations of the Expert Panel (Interim Evaluation) (PDF).
- Application to NOKUT (PDF).
- Supplementary Documentation to NOKUT (PDF).
- Feedback on the Application from NOKUT (PDF).