All international applicants and applicants who have completed upper secondary school outside of the Nordic countries have to document their proficiency in English. In addition, several of the study programmes also have special requirements for proficiency in Norwegian, which must also be documented.
Find out which requirements you need to consider below. If you plan to apply for more than one programme, you may find different requirements, so please check all of them.
If you need to take a language test, make sure you sign up as quickly as possible, as these tend to fill up quickly.
The deadline for uploading language documentation is:
- 1 February 2023 for Bachelor and Master applicants.
- 15 April 2023 for applicants to Continuing studies.
Applicants who fail to meet the requirements cannot be accepted into the programme.
Please upload proof of language proficiency in Søknadsweb along with your other documents.
English language proficiency
Applies to all applicants who have completed upper secondary school outside of the Nordic countries.
Approved tests to document English language profiency
You can meet the English language requirements by completing one of the following tests:
- English (140 hours) from Norwegian upper secondary school: written and oral exam.
- TOEFL with a minimum of 500 points from TOEFL PBT (paper based test) or 60 points from TOEFL IBT (Internet based test). DI code: B387
- IELTS, academic test with a minimum score of 5.0.
- PTE Academic, academic test with a minimum score of 51.
- Cambridge ESOL Examinations: First Certificate in English, Certificate in Advanced English, Certificate of Proficiency in English.
We do not accept other tests such as TOEFL Essentials, IELTS General Training, or Duolingo English test.