The Library has created a subscription service to the digital sheet music database, Nkoda. You can take notes directly into the material, save your own selection and personalise your account to receive regular score suggestions. The Nkoda database holds sheet music from well-known publishers.
May 2023 - Apple products only
Nkoda will make an update and change from two apps to one. You must update Nkoda from the Appstore and then log in with your username and password. This will only be applicable for users of ios devices (iphone / ipad), not Mac, Windows or Android.
- Read about content and functionality (nkoda.com).
Note! You can not currently download the Nkoda app on to NMH computers, but you may use the service with your private computer or tablet (PC and Mac). Some computers at the library has access the nkoda app, please ask at the circulation desk.
NOTE: It’s very important to follow each of the steps carefully, to ensure that you are signing in as a member of your institution.
Please finish the registration before dowloading the nkoda app.
- Use this bespoke institutional link: https://app.nkoda.com/institutions/access/6pt2u4f3
- Click "Get Started," followed by "Sign up via email." Enter your details and click "Sign Up." Make sure you use your institutional email address to be authenticated.
- You'll receive a prompt to "Continue as a member of [Your Institution]." Click "Yes."
- A banner at the top of your screen will indicate "You are signed in as a member of [Your Institution]." This confirms you have successfully completed the process.
- With your registration complete, you can now log in and access the app from any device, platform, or location, authenticated as a member of your institution.
Users can access material offline within nkoda, however, within the context of the institutional access you will have to 'Extend' your access. Once you have viewed a score, and left the score, you'll see the option to 'Extend' the access in the green banner at the top of the App. By doing this, you hold onto a simultaneous user for 12 hours, during which time you can store and then use material offline. This feature is to enable you to prepare for a situation where you may need scores offline.
Plase contact email@example.com for any questions regarding content or technical issues.