- Course level: Bachelor/Master.
- Year of study: Project.
- Final assessment: Assessment from the course coordinator.
- Language of instruction: Norwegian/English.
Christiania Wind Ensemble (Christiania Blåseensemble – CBE) is a wind ensemble started and run by students at The Norwegian Academy of Music. The ensemble uses concert band instrumentation and aims at giving students and musicians band experience on a high level. Students who wish to join the band can email firstname.lastname@example.org. Admission is done by representatives from CBE.
The course is project-based. 3-4 projects are organized per year, each giving 2 credits.
More information and guidelines at.
Course coordinator: Matz Pettersen.
On completion of the course, the student is expected to:
- be able to perform ensemble music with confidence within a given style
- have knowledge of standard pieces and pieces in different styles and periods for wind ensemble/band
The ensemble will work with a wide selection of repertoire including music from different genres and periods.
The course is project-based. In addition, there will be group rehearsals and individual rehearsal. CBE normally has 3-4 project per academic year. Each project has a rehearsal period of 1-2 weeks and finishes with a concert.
- Attendance is mandatory to all project rehearsals.
- Students must participate in 1-2 concerts for each project.
All course requirements must be approved prior to obtaining a final assessment.
Assessment is based on the learning objectives. The final assessment will be given as a pass/fail mark, which will be determined by the course coordinator based on each student’s level of achievement throughout the course period.
In the case of re-assessment, the student must retake the course (project) in its entirety.