- Year of study: Two semesters, fall and spring, Tuesdays 14:00–15:30.
- Final assessment: Assessment by course instructor.
- Language of instruction: Norwegian or English.
The course offers practical training of various movement patterns and awareness of the relationship between body posture, balance, breath and awareness related to yourself as a musician.
Responsible department: Piano, Accompaniment, Guitar and Accordion Department.
Course coordinator: Hilde Ringlund.
Upon completion of the course, students are expected to
- have developed appropriate relaxation and coordination
- have developed an awareness of functional use of the body when performing and rehearsing
- have basic skills in Feldenkreis, Yoga and Qigong
The course is comprised of:
- Warm-up exercises that maintain flexibility and balance, and strengthen the inner muscles
- Breathing and relaxation exercises
- Energy centring
- Elements and patterns from the Feldenkrais method, Yoga and Qigong, among others
- The course is taught in groups of up to 15 students in weekly sessions of 90 minutes, for 24 weeks.
- The weekly lessons are supplemented by a seminar (Saturday) in the Autumn semester.
- Attendance is compulsory. More than 20 % absence from class will normally cause the student to fail the subject.
- The student must hand in 2 reflection papers (400-500 words) each semester. The papers are sent digitally to the course coordinator within a set deadline.
All course requirements must be fulfilled and approved before the student is given a final assessment.
Student assessment is based on the learning objectives. The final assessment will be given as a pass/fail mark, which will be determined by the course instructor based on each student’s level of achievement throughout the course period.
Students who receive a failing mark must retake the course.