- ECTS: 2 credits per project.
- Course type: Elective course.
- Course level: Bachelor/master.
- Year of study: One semester, fall or spring.
- Preliminary schedule: Thursdays 13:30–15:00.
- Final assessment: Assessment for course coordinator.
- Language of instruction: Norwegian or English.
The course provides experience in ensemble playing and Baroque performance practice. The Baroque ensemble will meet once a week for one semester, and the course concludes with a concert. The course gives 2 credits.
The course is open to all singers and instrumentalists who wish to gain experience of Baroque music.
Note: Participation in the course depends on the instrument needs of the various projects.
Responsible department: Piano, Accompaniment, Guitar and Accordion Department.
Course coordinator: Knut Johannessen.
- Upon completion of the course, students are expected to
- have knowledge of music and aesthetics of the Baroque era
- be skilled in playing and interpreting baroque styles
- have experience in presenting music from the era
Learning repertoire from the 16- and 17-hundreds in ensembles, and a concert performance.
The ensemble rehearses once a week for one semester. Each project results in a concert. The students are expected to practice on their own between rehearsals.
Approximate teaching resource is 90 minutes a week for twelve weeks.
- Attendance is compulsory. More than 20 % absence from class will normally cause the student to fail the subject.
- Participation in one concert.
All course requirements must be approved prior to obtaining a final assessment.
Assessment is based on learning objectives. The final assessment is given as a pass/fail mark, which is determined by the course coordinator based on each student’s level of achievement throughout the course period.
In the case of re-assessment, students must retake the course (one project).