Tanja Orning is a cellist active in the fields of contemporary and experimental music. After studies in Oslo, in London with William Pleeth and at Indiana University with János Starker as a Fulbright Research Fellow, she held the position as a co-principal cellist in the Stavanger Symphony Orchestra for 5 years until she left for Oslo in order to realise a number of projects as a performer, improviser and composer with groups such as Christian Wallumrød Ensemble, asamisimasa, BOA trio, Dr.Ox, as well as her solo-project Cellotronics which resulted in a CD in 2005.
She has commissioned and premiered approx. 80 chamber music and solo works, and has performed at festivals such as Darmstadt, Donaueschingen, Huddersfield, Ultima, Ultraschall, Shared Sounds (Berlin), Taktlos (Zürich) and Portland Jazz festival. Currently Orning is a PhD student researching contemporary performance practice at the Norwegian Academy of Music.
- Mørke 1-4 2020
- Konsert på Blow Out, Oslo med Grenager/Orning/Zanussi 2020
- Å øve Kagels «Ludwig van» Et eksempel på kollaborativt kunstnerisk utviklingsarbeid med studenter og lærere 2020
- Morgendagens musiker 2020
- Helga & Tanja 2020
- The Core Portfolio project 2020
- asamisimasa på Ultimafestivalen 2020
- Darkness 2020
- Experiences from the other side: The assessment committee’s work 2020
- Professional identities in progress – developing personal artistic trajectories 2019