Application and Auditions - Bachelor of Music Performance
Week 11 (9 - 13 March 2020)
How to apply
- Apply through Søknadsweb
- Upload all required supporting documentation to Søknadsweb.
- Once you have registered your application in SøknadsWeb, a receipt will be sent to your e-mail address. In this receipt, you will find your application identification number and a link to your supplemental form. Use the supplemental form to inform about previous and ongoing education, your audition program, et cetera. Applicants without supplemental forms will be declined.
NB: Be aware that e-mails send from Søknadsweb can end up in the spamfilter. We ask you to be extra aware if you are using hotmail.
Deadline 15 December 23.59
Upload supporting documents
Upload the following supporting documents to SøknadsWeb by 15 December:
- Academic records/transcripts (colour scans, translated into English or Norwegian by an officially authorized translator). No need to upload records from NMH aquired after 2005.
- Impro/Jazz: Music scores and (if applicable) audio recordings (mp3 format) for accompaniment by the Academy's audition band
- Classical: Piano score for personally selected audition pieces (if you wish NMH to provide audition accompaniment)
- Proof of English proficiency
- Portrait picture
2nd module applicants must in addition submit
- A detailed list of previously studied repertoire
Audition and repertoire requirements
List your audition repertoire in full in the supplemental form; include the required works and your chosen pieces. The repertoire is binding and cannot be changed.
- Classical - 1st and 2nd modules
- Traditional Nordic Folk Music - 1st and 2nd modules
- Improvised music/jazz - 1st and 2nd modules
There are three rounds of auditions in Week 11. Applicants who qualify in the 1st round will be admitted to the 2nd and 3rd. The 2nd round (aural skills and music theory) is not required for applicants seeking admission directly into the 2nd module (years 3 and 4) of the programme.
1st round - Monday Week 11:
You will perform approximately 10 minutes of your listed repertoire programme. Classical voice applicants indicate in the supplemental form which of the two songs will be performed (see repertoire requirements).
2nd round - Tuesday morning Week 11:
Not applicable for students applying to the 2nd module.
3rd round - to be scheduled between Tuesday and Friday Week 11:
In the 3rd round you will perform more of your audition repertoire. In addition, your sight reading and quick study skills will be tested.
The jury may also test your general musical knowledge and theoretical understanding.