Departments and Disciplines
The Norwegian Academy of Music brings together a community of academic and artistic staff specializing in a number of disciplines, research areas, instruments and subjects.
- Accompaniment Listening to yourself and your fellow performer simultaneously.
- Brass Orchestral and ensemble performance.
- Chamber Music Social, enlightening, inspiring.
- Composition Fundamental knowledge and skills in composition combined with musical exploration and experimentation.
- Conducting Musicality and leadership.
- Guitar Solo repertoire and ensemble performance on classical guitar.
- Jazz and Improvised Music A broad repertoire and curiosity about new artistic expressions
- Music Education At the Norwegian Academy of Music students have the opportunity to learn from leading pedagogues in Music Education.
- Music Technology Music at the centre and technology as a tool and instrument.
- Music Theory Aural skills, harmony, music history: Listening, knowledge, understanding.
- Music Therapy Music Therapy is about actively applying music in human interactions, in order to improve health and quality of life.
- Nordic Folk Music Instrumental and vocal skills in traditional Norwegian music.
- Organ and Church Music From liturgical organ music to choral conducting and arranging.
- Percussion A large number of instruments and specialisation in different genres.
- Piano One-to-one tuition and formative feedback provide comprehensive performance experience.
- Strings and Harp Adapted tuition and informed decisions.
- Voice Lieder, opera, baroque, church music, musical theatre, cabaret and improvisation.
- Woodwinds Rooted in the classical orchestral tradition.