The course is linked with the credits in Italian, German and French.
This introductory course provides the student with basic competency in supervising vocalists in rehearsal activities. The course is a prerequisite for the language courses in Italian, German and French.
On completion of the course, it is expected that the student will have
- knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of the voice
- basic knowledge of phonetics, including the main rules of pronunciation for Italian, German and French
The course covers the following topics:
- Anatomy and physiology of the voice and respiratory organs
- Introduction to voice training concepts
- Introduction to acoustical aspects of speech and song
- Introduction to the use of phonetic dictionaries
- Introduction to phonetic sounds in Italian, German and French
- Rules regarding the difference between pronunciation when singing and speaking
- Rules of singing pronunciation
For an overview of recommended amounts of instruction and organisation, please see Organisation under the description of the individual study programme.
Students are registered automatically for instruction/supervision and assessment in the course in accordance with the study progress requirements set out in the individual education plan.
- Class attendance is mandatory in this course.
- Required assignments will be given by the course instructor.
All course requirements must be fulfilled and approved before the student is given a final assessment.
Student assessment is based on the learning objectives. The final assessment will be given as a pass/fail mark, which will be determined by the course instructor.
In the case of re-assessment, the same procedures apply.