- Year of study: One semester, fall/spring.
- Final assessment: Oral examination.
- Prerequisites: Admission to one of the applicable study programmes.
- Language of instruction: Norwegian and French.
The course is part of the Opera Concentration (2nd Module) or the Master of Music Performance – Opera Répétiteur. It is taught every other year.
The course provides the student with basic competency in the rehearsal and presentation of French song repertoire.
Responsible institution: The Norwegian Academy of Music.
On completion of the course, the student is expected to:
- have sufficient language skills so that he/she can rehearse and perform the French repertoire in French
- use and recognise grammatical forms of verbs and nouns, as well as noun cases, so that he/she can translate and understand song lyrics using a dictionary and his/her knowledge of grammar
- Basis knowledge of grammar as provided by a beginner's textbook in French, and French song repertoir.
- Translation of French song lyrics.
Group instruction. Students should also work in colloquium groups on specified topics.
For an overview of the recommended scope of instruction and organisation, please see Organisation under the description of the individual study programme.
Students have registered automatically for instruction/supervision and assessment in the course in accordance with the study progress requirements set out in the individual education plan.
Student assessment is based on learning objectives. The final assessment will be given as a pass/fail mark, which will be determined based on an oral examination. Assessments are done by two internal examiners.
Duration: 20 minutes.
In the case of re-assessment, the same procedures apply.
The course instructor will make a detailed schedule at the start of the semester that includes the current curriculum.