- Year of study: 1 semester, spring.
- Preliminary schedule: Wednesdays, 09:00 – 11:15.
- Final assessment: Written and oral test.
- Prerequisites: Passed NORSK20.
- Language of instruction: Norwegian/English.
This course follows up on the Norwegian language course NORSK20.
Course teacher: Cathrine Rysst.
On completion of the course, students are expected to
- have attained language skills on an A2/B2 level (CEFR)
- read, speak and write about common subjects
- understand and make simple oral presentations
Students will practice four language skills: pronunciation/speaking, writing, listening and reading. The course introduces basic Norwegian phonetics and grammar; word order; conjugation of verbs, nouns and adjectives; tense; pronoun use; reflexive verbs; vocabulary and idiomatic phrases. Classes will include discussions of topics like daily life, education, work-life, travelling, leisure time, living conditions, family relations, plans for the future, expressing wishes thoughts and emotions. The course literature will deal with different aspects of Norwegian culture and introduce vocabulary relevant to musicians.
Group instruction. Lessons last 3 periods times twelve. There might be two lessons a week.
An essay of 500 words.
Deadline: 1 May.
All course requirements must be approved prior to obtaining a final assessment.
Assessment is based on learning objectives. Students are graded passed – not passed determined by an oral test and a written test.
Students take a 3-hour written test.
An individual 10-minute oral exam.
In the case of re-assessment, the same procedures apply.