Students of classical performance will build an extensive repertoire on their instruments. Standard repertoire, Norwegian and Nordic music and contemporary music is part of this repertoire and students may choose what they wish to emphasise. If you play a string or wind instrument, you will have regular classes with an accompanist. In forum and interpretation classes, you will present music for your peers and teachers, and practice giving feedback to others.
Departments and disciplines
- Accompaniment Listening to yourself and your fellow performer simultaneously.
- Brass Orchestral and ensemble performance.
- Chamber Music Social, enlightening, inspiring.
- Guitar Solo repertoire and ensemble performance on classical guitar.
- Organ and Church Music From liturgical organ music to choral conducting and arranging.
- Piano One-to-one tuition and formative feedback provide comprehensive performance experience.
- Strings and Harp Adapted tuition and informed decisions.
- Voice Lieder, opera, baroque, church music, musical theatre, cabaret and improvisation.
- Woodwinds Rooted in the classical orchestral tradition.