In addition to instrument/vocal teaching and music theory, subjects taught on this course include pedagogical theory, teaching methods and teaching practice.
Departments and disciplines
- Accompaniment Listening to yourself and your fellow performer simultaneously.
- Brass Orchestral and ensemble performance.
- Guitar Solo repertoire and ensemble performance on classical guitar.
- Music Education At the Norwegian Academy of Music students have the opportunity to learn from leading pedagogues in Music Education.
- Nordic Folk Music Instrumental and vocal skills in traditional Norwegian music.
- Organ and Church Music From liturgical organ music to choral conducting and arranging.
- Piano One-to-one tuition and formative feedback provide comprehensive performance experience.
- Strings and Harp Adapted tuition and informed decisions.
- Voice Lieder, opera, baroque, church music, musical theatre, cabaret and improvisation.
- Woodwinds Rooted in the classical orchestral tradition.